What Happens in San Antonio, Stays in San Antonio

Not really, what happened in San Antonio is what this post is all about! So much happened! A little bit of running, family and friends seeing, Bachelorette partying, and lots of eating (and drinking)!

First of all, I would like to refer back to my previous postThis bill included FOUR adult beverages AND we left completely stuffed. Case and point. Texas is awesome and Chuy's creamy jalapeno ranch dip is forever delicious.
Less than 25 bucks!! Holy cow!!



Lauren drove an hour+ to hang for a few!

After Chuy's we finally got on our way to San Antonio.  We checked in to our room at Hotel Valencia and were immediately greeted with chips, salsa, and beer.  Reason #324 why Texas is awesome, and why Megan is awesome since she snagged us the room :)


I just want to take time right now and brag a little.  My friends, I do not workout on vacation. I sleep in, I eat horrible, and I fast when I get back home.  Such is the ugly cycle of R&R for me. NOT THIS TRIP! Well, I still ate horribly BUT I ran.  Not just a measly little baby run, but a 6 miler! AND I beat my time. I started this run with a different game plan.  I walked every mile until my heart rate got down to 120 then I ran again.  Not only was the run less painful but I was able to run faster and only got a mild headache after. BAM!

This is definitely the beginning of the run. 
After, my face is beet red and my shirt is drenched. 
Oh and I'm not smiling. I'm usually bent over, huffing and puffing.

So after my run Friday morning Bachelorette festivities took over the whole weekend! I won't indulge too many details because I wouldn't want y'all to be jealous of the time we had. I'll just say a fun time was had by all :)
Me and the Bachelorette! 

Sunday morning we headed to Falls County to spend some time with Ryan's parents, eat some good home cookin', and spend more time with family.

Just in case you're wondering, sometime between late Saturday night, early Sunday morning my last pair of contacts mysteriously disappeared. Yay for having to wear glasses for a whole week.

To conclude the weekend Ryan's parents took us to the airport and we ended up back in San Diego around 10:30 pm exhausted and sick...well, I got sick, not Ryan-apparently airplanes turn mild colds into hardcore sinus infections. Not cool. But soooo worth it!!  Can't wait till November when we come home again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Be a Happy Traveler PART II

MY FIRST BLOG! EEK!

Hello Chi Town!