Texas

I honestly can't think of anything else I'd rather be doing with my life than moving to a new place every few months and experiencing living in different parts of the country (or just mostly California). But the longer we stay away from our beloved state the more I start to miss it.



You know what they don't have in California?
  • Dance halls-well, they do but they are few and far between and none of 'em can stand up to the Broken Spoke-plus they only play pop country-no George Jones here.
  • Texas country music-Where are you Aaron Watson!? I seriously cried the other day on the way home from work cause "Fiddlin' Around" popped up on my iPhone. 
  • Cheap food-Ryan and I can't leave a restaurant without spending more than $40, in Texas we could stuff ourselves with Mexican food AND beer and still leave under $20.
  • Cheap beer-You want me to pay $5 for a bottle of Bud Light?! Nope. Not gonna.
  • Westphalia noodles-I'm obsessing about these since I found out the picnic was this weekend.
  • Tex-mex-I do love me some baja style street tacos (carne asade with chopped cilantro and onions served with lime on corn tortillas) but I miss Torchy's and cilantro ranch from Chuy's!
  • "Fixin' to"- I get called out on this on a daily basis, it's a verb dang it! Now leave me alone!
  • Cane's Chicken
  • 6th Street- I didn't realize not every city has a whole street of bars you can meander down and call it a night.
  • Wurstfest- Oktoberfest was fun but did NOT compete.
  • Floating the river-it's the last thing we did before we left and I miss it.
  • Two words: BLUE BELL
  • Thunderstorms-Like honest to goodness thunder and lightening, tornado WATCH kind of weather. I'm not complaining about the amazing weather here but could you give us a little action Califoria!?

And most importantly our family and friends! 
I can't tell you how much you are missed.  I know we're not the best at phone calls but know that I think of you every. single. day.




So basically I wait for people to ask me where I'm from so I can tell 'em all about it!






Comments

  1. I love this posting, Court! I feel the same every day that I am away too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To Be a Happy Traveler PART II

MY FIRST BLOG! EEK!

Hello Chi Town!