Hello Chi Town!

Ryan and I are officially settled in our new city. We've really lucked out in the weather department so far, I'm hoping it stays that way till January 2nd. Fingers crossed. Everyone here seems to think it's going to get really cold. Haven't they heard about El Nino!? :)

Oh. My. Goodness. The move in to Chicago was probably the easiest in my 3 year travel experience. I've started going through a new travel agency and our housing comes fully furnished down to the silverware-without any extra cost to me! If we really wanted to make it easy on ourselves we could've just traveled with our dogs and our suitcases and been just fine. Going with this new company has definitely been a learning curve. I'll cover the pros and cons of large/small travel agencies in another post. I'm definitely likin' the way things are going so far,  but my momma didn't raise no dummy so I'm cautiously optimistic.

We spent our first two days here getting to know our area and hanging out with Cameron! Turns out our fitness center and pool area have the best view in the house on the 38th floor!
Bottom center is "The Bean"! We live right across the street from Millennium Park.
Our actual pool-inside AND open during the winter! Check out that skylight!

We've also explored Cameron's neighborhood a bit and I'm pretty sure we've found our sushi and ice cream spot. But who am I kidding? We'll probably find many more, we love eating and drinking our way through new cities. 

This evening marks the end of my first of 3 days of hospital orientation. It was pretty rough sitting for 8 hours, but I'm looking forward to finally getting on the unit on Friday. WISH ME LUCK!!

Comments

  1. What agency were you with before and what one did you change too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was with American Mobile before and now I'm with Presrige Travel Nurses. There are definitely pros and cons with both companies but I love my new company! An actual pro/con list is in the works I've just been busy settling in :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To Be a Happy Traveler PART II

MY FIRST BLOG! EEK!