Traveling

Can I just say that I stinkin' love almost every bit about travel nursing!?


Before I graduated college I jumped around jobs like it was no tomorrow. I realize that's the case for almost all college kids, but liking one position enough to stay for the 30 year tennis bracelet and retirement check seemed highly unlikely for me. After I graduated and worked at the ol' Ess and Dub (Scott and White) for a couple of years I started getting antsy...I'm surprised myself that I lasted that long. (Side note: I loved working for S&W, promise!) Travel nursing seemed like the way to go.

Yes, I sure will move somewhere new every 3 months.
Yes, I sure will let my company pay for my housing.
Yes, I sure will move to Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Diego.


This blog actually got it's name from my travel nurse experiences.  Let me tell ya, if anyone comes to work in California be prepared to ask, and get asked that question a lot.  The staffing laws here are GREAT but make learning everyone's name dang near impossible because the staff is so big.  Ninety-eight percent of the time asking someone their name isn't awkward.  For the other 2% you've already asked them their name like 5 times in the last 2 weeks and you still don't remember it get's real awkward.  To the point of wishing you had x-ray eyes so you could see what exactly was on the other side of their badge that NEVER seems to be facing the right way.

"What?! No! I wasn't staring at your boob! I just can't remember your name for the 1000th time."

If any of my nursing buddies have questions about traveling please feel free to ask.  I will let you in on every little bit of knowledge I have---including my recruiter's number because really that's the most valuable. She's uh-ma-zing-a. More specific info on traveling will definitely be in the blog, the word to picture ratio in this post is pathetic, so I'm done typing for now. If there's something you want covered let me know! (This includes non-nursing buddies too, of course :)

Comments

  1. I'm with you on that one! I love travel nursing and pretty much decided to do it for the same reasons you did :) Plus what other job allows this much freedom with seeing the country!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Court! I am looking to start traveling in Spring of 2014 and would love some of your insight. I don't know what your specialty is but I am an ED nurse and am very curious about the in's and out's and am looking to travel to the same sort of locations you go to. I will also be bringing my husband along. My email address is cpardonme@gmail.com if you have time to shoot me an email! I can't wait to talk to you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To Be a Happy Traveler PART II

MY FIRST BLOG! EEK!

Hello Chi Town!