Two For One

Usually in this lovely travel world, I get my new assignment a few weeks before I start. However, with the last couple of assignments I've really lucked out and have snagged TWO assignments at one time. Actually, I accepted a position for July before I even had a clue about where we might go in April.


Well, I am super excited to announce that Ryan, Pearl, and I will be spending the rest of spring and early summer in KNOXVILLE (not to be confused with Nashville), TENNESSEE! Ryan and I drove through eastern Tennessee when we were headed to NYC and we absolutely loved the scenery. I will be working in a small-ish PICU at East Tennessee Children's Hospital. I can only imagine how beautiful it will be in the springtime! We're also excited about having another mild summer. Eighty degree summer weather suits me just fine.
We're looking forward to take in all Knoxville has to offer, as well as a few places we'll be relatively close to like Nashville and Ashville, North Carolina. If anyone has any suggestions for places we can't miss let me know!

THEN...

It's another summer/fall in BALTIMORE! I think this one was already out of the bag but I just couldn't hold in the happiness. We've never been back to the same place twice so we're going to work really hard to hit the spots we didn't hit before, especially the hiking spots. And we'll be about an hour away from Megan, Brian, and our sweet little Addison! Working on 9South at Johns Hopkins was one of my favorite assignments and I can't wait to continue those work friendships!

Finishing up our time in San Antonio has been bittersweet. I'm pretty sure I've been ready to move on since December, travel nursing puts some serious ants in your pants. But thinking about leaving our family and friends again makes me sad. Ryan and I will have been here 21 weeks, one of our longest stays, and yet it's gone by in the blink of an eye and now were scrambling around trying to make the most of our last 3 weeks. Of all the cities we've lived in, aside from NYC, we have really gone out and gotten the most out of the city. We've done everything we wanted to do, we spent tons of time with and got to know our niece, and we've spent plenty of time with friends and family back home. This has been a crazy whirlwind of an assignment and I've truly loved it. And now it's on to our next adventure!
photo cred: http://lacooletchic.tumblr.com/post/69591134918


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Be a Happy Traveler PART II

MY FIRST BLOG! EEK!

Hello Chi Town!