General Life Update

Gah! We've been so busy! Except today. Today we watched TV and I played on the internet for a lot of the day. What?! Don't judge me, it's my Saturday. In the last two weeks we've flown to Texas, seen tons of friends and family, been in a wedding, cleaned up a wedding, more family time, flown back to San Diego, put up our Christmas tree, and lots of good ol' working.

Let me just say that with every trip to the Lone Star State it's gets harder to leave. I love how comfortable home feels. I love traveling and we get settled in new places but they never become home. It was so good to get to attend so many family functions! We got to see most of my family at Thanksgiving and most of Ryan's at the wedding. Speaking of the wedding, it was so beautiful!! And so fun!! I'm so glad I got to be apart of it.

The next three professional photos are by Brian Shofner Photography out of San Antonio.

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL bride and quite dapper groom.


I guess good looks run in the family :)
~~~
In other news, my eating plan is really working out and my long run this week was ELEVEN (11) miles. WHAT?! Yeah, I guess my brain is just really stumped on that one because I don't even believe it. I thought I'd be more emotional. I keep upping my milage and doing something I would've never in my wildest dreams (ok, maybe not my wildest) thought I could do and there's just nothing inside. Sure, I'm proud and am getting more confident in my ability to actually finish but emotional? Neh, and the only reason I can come up with is that realistically I knew my body could do this all along, but it's been my insecurity that's been the nasty bia (pardon my french) that said I couldn't. So it doesn't surprise me and get me all mushy inside when I finish because my body has been physically able to move forward for 11 miles all along. Is it pretty? No. Is it painfully slow? Yes. Do I have to take walk breaks? Yes. So are my CG trainers (ahem, Jessie, Cameron, and Shawn) yelling, "FINALLY SHE GETS IT!"?? Yeah, I'm finally working out the brain aspects of it all.

And I usually lose...haha! But I'm getting better!

The countdown is ON! I've got 4 1/2 weeks till my run. Next week I have a 12 miler then it's all down hill from there, I'll start going back down and then BOOM! THIRTEEN POINT ONE on January 11th. 

Alright, I'm gonna go find something for dinner.  I'll just leave y'all with a little bit of lovely.

San Diego

Durango, Texas :)





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To Be a Happy Traveler PART II

MY FIRST BLOG! EEK!

Hello Chi Town!