Tiny Living Dreams Come True

Y'all. If you've been following our travel adventures for a little over year, you might remember all the drama with our tiny house/RV. If not let me catch you up here and here. The latter link has all the drama. I went back and read through it for the first time and dang, all those emotions came right back up. That whole process scarred me for life. Looking back, we learned so much even if it was pretty sucky, but it really helped us in the long run. After our huge disappointment last year, it took us a while to get back into finding the perfect tiny living situation for us. We would talk about it off and on and probably within the last month we started seriously considering going the RV route again. Initially, Ryan was wanting to see if we could find a trailer we could tow with our Escape. But after a couple of mildly disappointing realizations (the lighter trailers don't have toilets or showers, no thanks), we started to entertain the idea of getting a motorhome again.

Thursday we had to take Pearl to spend the day with the vet. As it turns out there was a Camping World on the way home so we decided to just stop by and browse a bit. We had already kinda told ourselves we weren't going to get too excited and certainly had no expectations to buy. But alas, our sales guy Nate showed us the new version of the exact RV we were going to buy last year and it just felt like home. We had already researched this rig the year before and it still just made so much sense for us and what we do. So we went in, found the perfect camping chairs (and poop chute) and signed that dotted line. We bought a 2017 Thor ACE 29.3 Y'all...meet Barb!


We are so stinking excited to get moved in! I can't believe that in two weeks we're going to move out of our apartment and into our new home on wheels! Ryan and I just keep giggling. It feels so right this time. I'm not sure we were ready for such a big change in life style last year. Even though I was super bummed, I was also kind of relieved that we didn't have to go through the trouble of finding hookups, places to park, RV parks that weren't shady, etc. Our recent trip to Yellowstone really inspired us. I can't believe we've been missing out this whole time! I can't wait to start exploring even more of the beautiful parts of our country. I think I'm most looking forward to finding remote BLM lands and boon docking. I love the idea of having even more freedom of location when traveling. I also don't have to worry about Ryan's choice of hotels when we're on the road. 😳

I still don't have my new assignment yet. We're starting to get down to the wire, I'm hoping I'll get a call next week. I guess even if I don't have an assignment by the time we leave we'll at least have a place to stay! I've had a few people ask about the inside so here ya go!










Testing out the drivers seat!
Keys!!

The photos of the inside aren't the best, I took them just to remember what it looked like for when we went home and mulled it over for a few days-which didn't happen. I can't wait to take more when we get moved in and stuff on the walls and what not.

We realized that we're approaching our 5 year anniversary of traveling. After 5 years of picking up and moving every few months, it's crazy to think that it has gotten a little routine. I know! I know that sounds crazy! But it's so true. I'm so excited for this new phase in our life. I can't wait to start nesting in our new home!

If anyone has RV or full-timing tips and tricks please share with us!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Be a Happy Traveler PART II

MY FIRST BLOG! EEK!

Hello Chi Town!