Galveston, Oh Galveston

Galveston, oh Galveston, I still hear your sea winds blowin'...as we sit here in traffic trying to get back to our apartment...that just so happens to be at the same exit as the rodeo. Not cool Houston.

Ryan and I both had off today so we took a day trip to Galveston! We started the day on the strand, did a teeny bit of shopping and day drinking, had lunch at a great brew pub, then went to the beach! 
Highly recommend Brews Brothers on the Strand
I mean, why isn't drinking on the sidewalk legal everywhere?!
Taffy making at La King
***
Have I mentioned at all that I LOVE the beach!? Even dirty Texas Gulf Coast water where the "sand" is mostly crunched up shells. I don't know what it is exactly but I just love it. I honestly think I'd be equally as content living in a beach house in Galveston as I would in Pacific Beach, San Diego. I love the smell, the atmosphere. I love the sound of the waves and the beach town vibe. It must be something about all that Vitamin D that makes me soooooo happy.
You can't tell but it was sunny enough to get a sunburn :)
Somebody I know really loves the beach too. Who knew we had a ginger!? Look at that red beard!
***
After beach time we went to Joe's Crab Shack. Ryan's been begging to go there since San Diego but I wouldn't allow us to eat at a chain seafood restaurant. Now that we're in Texas it's okay. Ha!

ALSO...
We were going to try to do a boat tour of the harbor and of Moody Mansion but those will have to wait for another day 'cause this happened. 

If Pearl's not the cutest thing you've ever seen then I don't know what is!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Be a Happy Traveler PART II

MY FIRST BLOG! EEK!

Hello Chi Town!