It's New Assignment Time Again!!!

So naturally, instead actually applying for New York licensure I decided I should blog instead. Wait...what?!?! Yep! You heard (read?) me correctly! WE'RE HEADED TO NEW YORK CITY!!! Holy dang, I'm so excited and so nervous. Yeah, LA was big and all but it was so spread out and the little suburb we lived in kept it feeling small town, if that's even possible in LA. New York City, specifically Manhattan, is, like, a real city. Where people walk to get to places and shopping centers go up and not out. --OMG. Side note: I just realized that I'm going to get to see the Statue of Liberty!! WHAT?!-- We always talked about wanting to go to NYC but I guess I never thought we'd get there in reality. There are so many things on my to do list! I hope three months is enough time!

Kelly and Michael, Times Square, Statue of Liberty, SNL, Jimmy Fallon, and the TODAY Show!!

I won't technically know exactly where we'll be living until a week before we move in but I've been told that we'll probably be living in Manhattan. I'll be working for Morgan Stanley Children's which is apart of New York Presbyterian. It's a 20-23 bed PICU just north of Manhattan in an area called Washington Heights. I know NOTHING about the city so if there are some New York experts out there y'all's input would be welcome.
***
In other news we've been pretty darn boring lately. We went out to Kemah last week and stopped at the San Jacinto Monument on the way. I have to say the San Jacinto Monument was much cooler than Kemah, but I can't judge too harshly because we went the day before the boardwalk officially opened so it was kind of a dud. But overall it was great just getting out of our apartment and out of town.

San Jacinto Monument. IT'S HUGE! (twss)
The view from the top!
SanJac selfie...sorry...

The base of the monument is this great little free museum about the Battle of San Jacinto then for $4 you can ride an elevator to the top! Pretty sweet deal I think. I mean, for $8 we were both entertained for at least an hour.

After that we went to the Houston Rodeo and had all sorts of horrible, nasty, completely UHMAZING food. It included a little bit of german dinner with fried Oreos and fried cookie dough for desert. Ryan had to go to work at 4 the next morning so basically we just browsed the shopping area, ate some food, and walked the midway. Oh and we watched the rodeo for about 10 minutes and then left. It was definitely entertaining but we spent too much time walking the midway (searching for a candy apple)


Ryan's beard is great for making sure no powdered sugar goes to waste! Ha! That huge chunk of fried stuff on that stick is chocolate chip cookie dough. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Then, guess who stopped by for a short day visit! MOM!
We took her to the original Ninfa's. A defnite must do for anyone visiting the Houston area. We love it!

So, if you haven't noticed in my chunkier cheeks, we've found all the great places to eat and drink in Houston. Ha! We still haven't found awesome sushi but the Tex-Mex will suffice. I haven't been so diligent in my eating/working out lately and it's really starting to show but I guess that'll be a post for another day. :)

Guess I better catch up to that bandwagon!






Comments

  1. Courtni, My good friend, Janet lived in NY for umpteen years. She works for Campus Crusade for Christ.
    I'll bet she could tell you about all the hot spots, well, almost !! ?? ha She moved back to Marlin when her mother became ill. I know she'd love to talk to you if you like. Oh, by the way. She loves your dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'd love to! But I don't know who this is! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To Be a Happy Traveler PART II

Hello Chi Town!

MY FIRST BLOG! EEK!