A New Beginning!

Changes! I love changes! I love cutting my hair, moving somewhere new every 3 months (-ish), reorganizing, purging, trying new places to eat, and all that jazz. I just love it. This blog has had a few different looks over the past few years but now I feel like it's time for another revamp! You'll have noticed the name change. Ryan and I have talked about creating an Instagram account for a few months now and have finally made it happen! We wanted to get more involved in an RV community that we could "travel with" and I think we've found it online. We've already gotten tons of location ideas from them and are looking forward to all the new adventures! This blog will kind of be linked to the Instagram. You might see Ryan on here from time to time - that's the only real change to any of the posts. Ha.

"The Traveling Kind" is a song by Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell and it really resonated with us. I'm 99% sure Ryan cried the first time we heard it. 😆 Our favorite verse and the inspiration for the name change:

"There are mountains worth their weight in gold,
mere mortals dare not climb.
Come ye gypsy, sainted, sinners both,
and claim them for the traveling kind."

I don't think we really anticipated how much Barb would change our life. And I don't think we anticipated how much we'd love being back out West again. There are so many opportunities to get out, be the only people around, and to experience every single mountain, saguaro cactus, or blade of grass in a way we haven't before. This RV life is harder than expected. When people ask how I like living in a RV I usually respond with 'the lows are really low, BUT the highs are really high'. Long story short, a low point ended with me movie style, feet-in-the-air-falling on the ground after slipping on ice while trying to go get hot water from the park bathroom...at 4am...in -10 degree wind chill...trying to thaw all the liquid waste in our poop chute. *Gag* And it was my fault because I forgot to the leave the water dripping before I went to bed that night. AND we HAD to leave at a certain time or I wouldn't get to see family on our very quick trip to Texas. So many emotions and so much stress!! However, when we finally got on the road and the first song of our road trip playlist came on all was well in the world again. Willie Nelson helped us remember why we travel in the first place. Like a band of gypsies we went down the highway and the world was turning our way again. It's the most euphoric feeling getting Barb out on the road to a new destination. The fact that my butt was still wet from the ice didn't matter anymore. All I knew was that in 12 hours we'd be in the presence of our Texas family and friends, and in four days we'd be off to another new adventure to a city and state we'd never been to before. 

Those are icicles hanging off of Barb's eyebrows. It's not a cute look.

Our sweet little West Texas spot in Driftwood.

A rare site of me driving-no smiles. I take driving Barb very seriously
(and was terrified).

Our park in Phoenix has great rooftop views of the sunset!

Reflective lenses are fun until you wanna take a selfie, then they're annoying. This is us enjoying a good hair day all the petroglyphs. 😆


Soooo...yep...changes. The blog got a new name and we got a new Instagram. Life altering stuff right there. If y'all wanna follow along (we update the Instagram a lot more than I post on this blog-haha, I'm going to try to do better than once every 3 months) our Insta is @the.traveling.kind, we'd love to have ya! 

P.S. Ryan wanted me to mention that he made the Instagram logo. Snaps for Ryan.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Be a Happy Traveler PART II

Hello Chi Town!

MY FIRST BLOG! EEK!