Nash Bash Rehash

We're four weeks into our second go-round in Nashville. Honestly, since you've heard from us last we've been recouping from our month in Texas/Italy (in monies in the bank and hours in the sleep). So we've been laying low for a bitty bit. Luckily in Music City, there is a surplus of things to do regardless of budget. From honky tonkin' to hiking, we've been entertaining ourselves with live music, beautiful views of the city, and friends. On the work side of things I've been enjoying getting to know my day shift co-workers and the new feel of the unit. On the extracurricular side of things I've been enjoying finding new music and spending time with friends. More fun info - if you can handle it! I snagged my next assignment! (I shirt you not, autocorrect wanted me to edit to "asssignment") I swear my grammar isn't that bad. Ha! Shirt! Maybe it is!

Ohhkay...in typical SWYNA fashion, here comes a photo dump and then info on our next assignment!


Barb crossing the ol' Mississip

If a double rainbow on our first day back in TN isn't a good sign I don't know what is! A DOUBLE RAINBOW!

 Dressing Barb up for Halloween

June dressed up as the most precious little pineapple amongst a "scary" cemetery scene. She looks scared but that's because her little hat made her ears sit back. She actually LOVES that hat. Or not. Costume by her Yaya, and Target.

Wanda-Forking-Jackson. She's still got it y'all. Country music still lives in Nashville!

June sunning in the window...and Cookout paraphanalia. Cookout > Whataburger 
Judge me all you want but it had to be said.

I haven't even met my new nephew yet and we're already bonding on levels that cannot be understood.

Father and Daughter

Hiking in Percy Warner Park

Courtni + Jess + Scully + June (+ Ryan) = Perfect Fall Day

Percy Warner State Park

I have to say Tennessee and Fall go quite good together. We arrived here a little late for sittin' outside kinda weather but we're enjoying the cold. I wish I could say that we'll be getting a real winter but - we'll be spending the heart of it in Phoenix, Arizona! I've snagged a day position in a 48 bed PICU at Phoenix Children's Hospital - the biggest yet! Heckkkk yeahhh! We'll be spending the winter with the snowbirds with high's in the 60's! and lows in the 40's.  I just knew we'd have tons of RV park options to chose from, but I didn't anticipate that it'd be so hard to find a park to live in. I had no idea there were so many 55 year old + parks! And here I thought turning 30 meant something. Dang it! We're still not real adults I guess. Out of probably 60+ RV parks in the Phoenix area we found two...TWO that would take us being 30 and had spots for January. WTH!? In the next post or two I plan on documenting the ups and downs of RV living. In the mean time though I'm gonna live it up in Tennessee and get my groove on for the Christmas season. YES! I'm ONE OF THOSE who start celebrating Christmas before Thanksgiving, we've been listening to Christmas music since 11/1 - Heaven help us. The holiday (all of them) season is just too short! HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all who celebrate!

Comments

  1. Hey! I love your blog! (=
    I'm wanting to start travel nursing in the near future- and I found your '5 Travel Nursing Myths Debunked' article on TravelNursing.Org! I am wanting to do travel full time, like you! Not just a one and done type thing- but be very nomadic and use my career as a way to be in constant motion! I look forward to reading more! (= Thanks for sharing! let me know if there's any way I can pick your brain about some random things like how you do your health insurance and things of that nature!! (=

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, loved your pictures! My name is Michelle I just happened to find your blog. Thought I would introduce myself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To Be a Happy Traveler PART II

Hello Chi Town!

It's New Assignment Time Again!!!