Currently Experiencing a "Down Side"

Well I think everyone knows by now that my contract with Dell Children's Hospital was canceled by the hospital. That was 12 days ago now and I still don't have a new job. Normally what would happen if a contract was canceled is that my recruiter would submit me to pretty much any available PICU day jobs throughout the country and I'd go to the first one that offered me a job. However, a decision we made in regards to our housing and the fact that we want to stay in Austin is kind of limiting my options. Lucky for me, (hopefully not for bad/sad reasons) a traveler currently on contract with Dell is not going to be able to finish his/her contract. This led to the the Dell director contacting me again and asking if I was interested in coming back and finishing out that contract. Of course I said yes but due to all the junk that has to be done between my company and the hospital I don't have an official offer yet. I could still potentially not start work again until next week. Fingers crossed that I get to start. I already did orientation so I could still get in 36 hours this week. Or I guess they could still be like, "Nope, still don't need ya." So we'll see. And just in case you're wondering, yes, a hospital can cancel my contract. It's only happened to me once before (but before I started the contract, not during) and we ended up in San Diego so that worked out amazingly. It's just one of the possible down sides of travel nursing.

We've been keeping our days pretty packed seeing family and friends. We've also already done a lot of things in Austin that we haven't done before. I think it's my way of completely ignoring the no job situation. I think if I was left by myself for more than a couple of hours I might have a nervous breakdown. Anyway-let's continue ignoring my problems and look at pictures!!

The first ones are from our last few days in Cali!!
Five of my 10 coworkers :) I miss y'all!!
Moonlight over the Pacific ocean
Malibu

Wine tasting at Malibu Wines

Fast forward to Texas!
Since the temps have been less than 90 we took the opportunity to walk around our new area.
View from our apartment. Auditorium Shores
First time back on dirty 6th!
Moonlight Riverboat Cruise with Christina and Spencer!
When boredom strikes.
This little guy was apparently living in our lamp shade and just dropped into this fake plant and immediately started turning colors. We caught him and let him go outside. He was like 4 inches long!
Nin's birthday lunch!
Three way face swap!! Haha!!
Seeing Magnolia was pretty neato. I suggest going when it's cooler outside.
Country Living
Wine tasting in Florence with Lauren. I don't always wear this shirt----but yes I do.
Since we stayed with our parents for 2 weeks we took the time to go through all the stuff we left with them when we started traveling. We stumbled upon a few gems, including this picture and lots and lots of letters. It felt really good to get rid of a lot of that stuff, not the good things, but like 6 of the 7 ladles we had and more. Whyyyyy did we have all those kitchen utensils?? Ha!
***
After looking through the Texas pictures I'm realizing that we've been having so much fun that I've not been taking pictures. So many things we undocumented: first and second Comal floats (Boomerangs were taken but I haven't figured out how to get videos to work on my blog yet), Big Gay Brunch, WERK Fashion Show, multiple lunches and dinners with friends, and a potluck/movie night!

We've already had so much fun! Once I get this job thing figured out we're looking forward to having a few more months of fun and making new memories.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Be a Happy Traveler PART II

MY FIRST BLOG! EEK!

Hello Chi Town!