I Got the Ants...the Pants Ants

It's that time again!! The pants ants are in full force and I've accepted my next assignment!! We've got about three weeks left here and it's going to fly by. We'll be filling our days off meeting up with old friends we haven't seen yet and two concerts: Kenny Rogers and Lyle Lovett with Emmylou Harris!! I'll wait and let y'all scream with excitement-------

Speaking of live music, for our next assignment we'll be in AUSTIN!!! I'm not so thrilled about being there in the dead of summer but the fall will be nice. If the pants ants stay away we'll be there through the holidays, so far it'll be through the end of October. We'll see how that goes. We can't wait to get to Texas and be living in the city where so many of our friends are! I'm excited to do all of the fun touristy Austin things we've never done before (Franklin's get in mah belleh!). PLUS, I'll be working in the PICU at Dell Children's which is a job that's been on my checklist since I was a baby nurse in Temple.
Toasting to my new job!
We've been keeping ourselves busy on my days off. We had some friends come visit a couple of weeks ago and we go to relive our LA days. We went back to Santa Monica Pier, Rodeo Drive, Hollywood, and the Hollywood sign. It's so much nicer going to these places knowing we don't have to actually live there. Ha! It's great being close to the city and choosing when we go into town versus living in it and dreading getting out of the apartment because we'll have to sit in traffic no matter where we go. We can handle LA traffic for a day, that's it, if that makes us big city pansies then so be it.
We have a picture with the start of the trail too...somewhere.
Hollywood sign with Katie and Mary Ann

My last shift here will be July 21st and my first day of orientation in Austin is July 25th so we'll be cutting it pretty close. Our plan is to make the trip in two days, staying the night in Santa Fe then getting into Austin Saturday evening, moving in on Sunday, and boom-start work Monday. Usually I try to work the first three days of my last week giving us a little extra time but it just didn't work out this go 'round.

Tonight is the first of our two concerts! While our central and eastern time zone friends are going to sleep we'll be singing along with Kenny Rogers! Ha!

Well that's all I got! I'll leave y'all with some pictures from Gardens of the World.


SEE YA SOON TEXAS!

French style garden with fountain
Japanese Pagoda with koi pond-so peaceful.

Italian themed garden
British rose garden
It's an artichoke!
Selfie - sorry.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To Be a Happy Traveler PART II

MY FIRST BLOG! EEK!

Hello Chi Town!