Hey! We're New Yorkers!

Well, maybe not quite. Ha! In fact we're far from it. Ryan's adjusting well but I need a little bit more time I think.

We left Texas a week ago today and made the 26ish hour trip in mostly 2 days. We only drove to Jersey on the second day so we didn't have to drive much on move in day and get there early as possible. On the way we hit up Graceland and had lunch at Rendezvous in Memphis, TN. We split the ribs, beans, coleslaw, and potato salad and I must say it was uh-mazing.

The first day we made it through Texas, Arkansas, and ended up in Nashville, TN for the night. The second day we finished getting through TN, went through Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, a bit of Pennsylvania, and then finally made it to Jersey (and I can call it just "Jersey" since I'm a New Yorker now :))
Got our car all packed and we could see out of the back! WIN!
Graceland!
Got into bad weather on the way.
The purple and white trees along the way were beautiful!

After an hour drive, the Lincoln Tunnel, and a wrong turn down a one way street we finally made it to our new home mid Saturday morning. I was the first to see the apartment. As I made it back down to the car for the 2nd load Ryan noticed that I looked a slightly panicked, shocked, and a little teary eyed to say the least, haha! Y'all I swear I didn't go into this assignment thinking I was gonna be living in some lovely 1500 square foot Brownstone. I knew our apartment was going to be small, way small. I threw around "300 square feet" to everybody in Texas just to laugh at their reactions but I don't think I actually realized just how small 300 square feet really is. Y'all we're like the grandparents from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory over here. Our bed is basically our living room. Our dining table serves as a computer desk, TV stand, kitchen counter space, oh, and we eat on it too sometimes. I'm not complaining, I know it sounds like it, but I'm not. I just still cannot believe how tiny it is! Haha! And people rent these places to live in, for years, not just 3 months. CRAZY! The fact that we were in Houston last, with a huge apartment and lots of unused space probably has a lot to do with it too. 

Since our apartment is so dang small we like to spend most of our time outside. We've only been here about 5 days but we've already seen a lot of the city. I'm using that term loosely because this city is huge and has like 5 boroughs or whatever.

CENTRAL PARK! We're only a 1/2 block away!
 The High Line Park
 Old elevated shipping railroad turned into park.
View from the High Line
 Dominique Ansel Bakery-YUMM
 Check out the parking ^^
The Ear Inn, one of the oldest bars in NY, almost 200 years old!

So these are the first of many adventures in the next 3 months. I can't wait to see what else NYC has to offer. I haven't started work yet, whomp whomp, apparently there's only one person working in the California BON license verification department. I'm hoping for Monday though!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Be a Happy Traveler PART II

Hello Chi Town!

MY FIRST BLOG! EEK!