Denver!!

Well we're slowly but surely drinking our way through ALL the Denver breweries! Needless to say we're having a good time and Ryan's not sure if he ever wants to leave. Ha! The craft beer here is amazing! Ryan is working at the grocery store by us as a deli man so on the few days off we have together we like visiting breweries, driving through the mountains, and taking the dogs to Washington Park, a huge park with two lakes and miles of paths. We've made great friends here too! There were tons of travelers in my orientation group so we hit it off right off the bat. I love having friends to play with on my days off! We've also gotten to visit with our friends Kevin and Jen that we've known since high school. We haven't seen them in probably 8 years and we got to meet their kiddos for the first time.

I love all the opportunities travel nursing has provided us in reconnecting with old friends or seeing friends we've met in a previous assignment again. Ryan and I were talking about how if we would've stayed in Texas we probably would've never even visited Colorado. It was never really on our list. If we still lived in Texas and only had one vacation a year we most definitely would've spend everyone on a beach somewhere and never known how beautiful it is here and how much it has to offer. Seeing the Rocky Mountains in the wintertime has been beautiful. Garden of the Gods and Red Rock Amphitheater are seriously some of the most beautiful landscape I've ever seen. I had no idea this stuff existed. I'll dump some photos and catch you guys up on all we've been up to.

 Watching the Super Bowl with friends!
 Visiting the CO state capitol

Molly Brown house! Super interesting for those coming to the area.
 Frozen lake on our way to Estes Park on the Peak to Peak Scenic Byway
 Peak to Peak byway

 The Stanley Hotel-This was the hotel that inspired The Shining
 Estes Park
 Frozen creek in Estes Park-Yes, I'm obsessed with frozen bodies of water I guess.
 Historic Park Theater in Estes Park
Pourtions - Digital taps where you can pour your own beer. 
The taps are activated when you touch your card over the bottom corner
and it's pay by the ounce.
Little Machine Brewery-One of my favorites!
Hiking in Boulder with my L&D traveler buddy, Andrea!
Boulder is very boulder-y.
When the path turned to ice and we turned around 'cause I chickened out.
Balancing Rock at Garden of the Gods
Garden of the Gods
Garden of the Gods


CrAzY HaIr!!! It was windy...Haha!
B-E-A-Utiful!

Welp! That's about it. Except one more thing. It's a little on the early side but Ryan and I already have our next assignment!! I'll actually be helping open a small PICU in a level trauma center in Thousand Oaks, CALIFORNIA!! Yep! We're going back to the Golden State! Thousand Oaks is technically within the metro LA area but it's about 36 miles from downtown. It's a lot smaller too at about 130k people. Aaaand it's only a quick 30 minute drive through the Santa Monica mountains to Malibu beach. I'm so stoked to be near the beach again, and for the summertime! I'm so excited. 

We're looking forward to the rest of our time here. Our good friend is coming to visit for a few days and we've got puh-lenty of stuff still to check off on our to-do list. I know it will go by fast!






Comments

  1. Hi Courtni! I've just enjoyed browsing through and reading your posts! I'm a travel nurse from Texas as well (Houston) and my boyfriend is actually from Denver (haha)! Your posts are definitely fun and interesting. I've been doing traveling for a bit over a year now, but I would love to pick your brain and learn more perspectives from other travelers! I feel I still have a lot to learn. I would love to connect some time, my email is yaung.m@gmail.com - hope to talk soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To Be a Happy Traveler PART II

MY FIRST BLOG! EEK!

Hello Chi Town!