Getting Settled In Denver

Well y'all, we've made it to Denver. We left Chicago right after I got off work and drove straight through the night to maximize our time at home with family and friends. We got to spend about 5 days catching up and on Friday we started our trek Raton, NM our midway stop. We moved in on Saturday and by that Monday I was sitting in the first day of my week long orientation. Then, by the time I got home Ryan was already asking if we could extend here. Ha! I hadn't even been on the unit yet. But I have to agree, Denver is pretty amazing. There are so many craft breweries here! In fact, there's two right by my hospital, and one or two right by where we live. Convenience. Ha. Our first 9 days here consisted of moving in and work. The last few days we've really gotten to explore our area a little bit. Yesterday we ventured to the front range of the Rocky Mountains and drove the Lariat Loop which is a 40 mile scenic loop through the mountains. The little mountain towns here are precious and straight out of a movie. We passed a completely frozen lake where people were ice skating and ice fishing! I've never seen that in real life! I guess I can't make fun of my mom now when she said she'd never seen anyone shovel snow in real life before she came to Chicago.

We've really lucked out in the weather department. There was a lot of snow on the ground on our first day but it hasn't really snowed in Denver since we've been here. It's actually been beautiful. Highs have been in the 40s and 50s and it's sunny every day. The sunshineyness is definitely misleading though. We've been caught a couple times thinking the temperature would be mild but turned out to be a lot colder than expected and we ended up freezing. I'm not asking Ryan's advice when it comes to whether or not I should bring my big coat anymore. The answer is always yes, even if it's supposed to be 50. I think I'm still in the mindset that nowhere could be colder than Chicago. Turns out it's cold in Denver too! Ha!

 Christmas with the Sladek's!
June walking in the snow in Raton, NM
 Views on the way to Denver
 Denver has beautiful sunsets! If you look close you can see the mountains.
 Walked by Coors Field where the Rockies play on one of our adventure days.
 Trying out Wynkoop Brewery, my beer was made with ancho chiles and Ryan's with Rocky mountain oysters, if ya know what I mean.
 The girls in their winter gear.
Clear Creek in Golden, CO-fun fact Coors brewery is there and it's a free tour!
View from Lookout Mountain
Buffalo Bill's Gravesite on Lookout mountain
 No need for explanation.
 The frozen lake!
The red rocks at Red Rock Amphitheater- doesn't do it justice 
More red rocks. I really wish you could see just how huge these formations are-completely breathtaking.

We're getting all settled in here, I'm excited to see all of the things Colorado has to offer. I'm definitely impressed by Denver so far. I really like the hospital I'm at too, so hopefully everything continues to be smooth sailing. Fingers crossed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Be a Happy Traveler PART II

MY FIRST BLOG! EEK!

Hello Chi Town!